SmartGuideSystem featuring BlueSkyBio.
SmartGuideSystem guide in position
Smart provisional fitted 11
What is the Smart Guide System (SGS) ?
Download the step by step instruction manual here: SmartGuidSystems PDF
The (SGS) consists of a digitally planned and designed, 3D printed, implant surgical guide complete with a CADCAM, PMMA multilayer shaded, screw retained provisional crown or healing abutment.
Why use the Smart Guide System ?
- The SGScan save you time by reducing the appointments needed when restoring with implants, as you can place a provisional on the day of surgery.
- Using SGS will help condition the soft tissue around the implant site into an ideal gingival shape for the definitive restoration.
How does it work ?
- You send the patient for a CT scan, STL or impression.
- Send the information into Ambridge Ceramics. (we will collect)
- We will design both the surgical guide and the screw retained restoration.
- You check and adjust the design on BlueSkyPlan* (we’ll show you how)
- 5 days later you have a guide and restoration and/or healing abutment to fit on the day of surgery.
- *Blue Sky Plan is a totally free software.
- Blue Sky Plan is an advanced treatment planning software for computer guided surgery, developed and distributed by Blue Sky Bio.
- Ambridge Ceramics are the only UK authorised laboratory for the production of guides through Blue Sky Plan.
Ambridge Ceramics are delighted to be the 1st and the only UK authorised manufacturer of surgical guides for Blue Sky Bio. https://blueskybio.com
We have invested in this digital process to provide Dentists and patients with a simpler, faster and more economical dental process to encourage improved patient experience. Our accurate 3D printing capability completes the process to provide Dentists with a reliable end to end solution that can be adopted under one workflow.
By simply engaging Ambridge Ceramics we can assist with the whole process.
Digital surgical guides can be completely designed in the Blue Sky Plan Software and sent directly to our 3D printer for printing.
Guides can be fabricated for all implant systems and all guided surgical kits, hence there is no need for Dentists to change their system.
Blue Sky Plan® is a free, feature rich, treatment planning software for surgical implant planning and computer guided surgery, so no upfront expense is incurred. The FREE program is downloadable for PC and MAC and is proven to be a comprehensive and robust system which is adopted by Dental implantologists all around the world.
Ambridge Ceramics has chosen to work exclusively with 360 Visualise https://www.360v.co.uk for the digital imaging element of the process, should Dentists not wish to make the investment in the imaging machinery they can refer patients to the 360 Visualise digital imaging centres.
The scan is completed on site at a 360 Visualise centre simply by positioning the patient in an upright position while the machine spins 360 degrees around their head, it is painless, safe and non-invasive.
The benefits for the Dentist and patient of 3D digital imaging are vast including;
- Ability to visualise internal anatomy that cannot be diagnosed externally.
- Accurate pre-planning of treatment and surgery.
- Assessing risks, designing and preparing the necessary guides.
- All results in a faster, safer, more predictable dental procedure.
Ambridge Ceramics facilitate the designing and 3D printing of surgical guides giving you an end-to-end process for delivering safe, accurate and precise implant placements, while saving time and money.
About Blue Sky Bio.
Blue Sky Bio, LLC was founded fifteen years ago by practitioners, engineers and designers to create top quality, compatible implants and accessories at a reasonable cost. Today, their mission remains the same. They are not however just implant manufacturers they also pride themselves on being innovators. Their implant lines boast a number of new design innovations which simplify implant placement and restoration while adding levels of safety, success, and reliability for Dentists and patients around the globe.
In 2009 Blue Sky Bio made a commitment to, and invested in, the future of dentistry with Blue Sky Plan® the treatment planning and guided surgery software, and offering it to users at no cost. Blue Sky Plan is available in seven languages and is used by thousands of dentists, in more than 70 countries throughout the world.
The free App, was also developed for both Mac and PC to help dentists present and explain dental procedures to patients which in turn provides an increased positive patient experience and outcome. for more information please follow this link: https://blueskybio.com
About 360 Visualise.
360 Visualise are based in Ilkley and are the UK’s experts in Dental imaging, X-ray & CBCT. They operate CBCT scanning centres around the UK and sell dental imaging equipment. 360 Visualise also host a series of CBCT courses. for more information please follow this link: https://www.360v.co.uk